Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Not a Chiropractor

I had a wonderful phone call this week that brought a 'laugh out loud' moment into my day. Laughing - that really full body laugh - is a great source of joy. Let me share this crazy moment.

I spent nearly 20 years as a private practice counselor licensed to practice in Ohio. I closed my practice at the end of 2013. Now I spend my time doing some private life coaching and enjoying the creative part of my life.

The call came from a past client who had been trying to locate me and was excited to find me on the Internet. When she called I could hear hesitancy in her voice. The hesitancy was generated by the Internet. After chatting for a while, she told me how she found me. Google gave her several listings for me. The site she found had gotten two things correct - my name and my phone number. Everything else was wrong. Hilariously wrong.

I decided that I would do the same search she had done. Oh my! I am listed as a chiropractor. No, I don't think so. I really like my chiropractor (http://www.myclevelandchiropractor.com). Dr. Nicholas Cambouris is wonderful. But I have never had a desire to do what he does.

I am also listed as running a business management firm. Oh no! That would be a really bad idea. I enjoyed having my own counseling business but managing businesses for other people - not so much!

I laughed out loud as I read my business descriptions on the Internet. Most were so very wrong. I had a choice to make as I read. I could be annoyed that so much was published erroneously or I could take the moment of joy that a good laugh gave me. Who knows, maybe an Internet search for your name might give you a moment of unexpected laughter!

Enjoy a good laugh when you can. It can bring a moment of joy into your day.


No comments:

Post a Comment